TsNIIMASH institut (SRC)
The Structural Research Center (SRC) is a department of the Main Institute of Research for Machines (TsNIIMash). The SRC was created in 1947 as a department of the NII-88 (now TsNIIMash). The status of the SRC is now defines by the directive #133 of 05/12/1995 approved by the general manager of the aviation and the space agency (Rosaviakosmos). The SRC is the main department of Rosaviakosmos for the mechanical and integrities tests of the structures for space.
The stress tests on Buran and Energia began in 1983.
Mains fields of activities
- Development of methods to test elements and analyses of integrity.
- Development of standards of use to reproduce the spatial conditions.
- Check of structures.
- Tests of loads, stress, and durability.
- Certification and check independent designs for space.
- Development and validation of anti-particules shields.
- Evaluation of microgravity conditions
- Consulting in engineering
More than 250 scientists, engineers, technicians and workers in this department.
Buildings and infrastructures
- 6 buildings with offices, rooms of tests and factories
- Total surface of buildings on the ground : 16 000 m²
- Total surface of offices: 29 000 m²
- Total volume of buildings: 36 000 m³
- Total electrical power: 40 MW